300g Granulated White Sugar
500g Fresh Ginger, cut up into large chunks and lightly crushed
1-2 Jalapenos, cut in half, seeds and ribs left in
12c Water (filtered is best, but if you have great tap water where you live, go ahead and use it)
- Combine water and sugar in a fermenting jar (preferably with an air lock, if you do not have this, you will have to open your jar daily to release excess gas to avoid pressure build up). Shake to mostly dissolve the sugar.
- Add ginger and jalapenos to the jar and stir/shake to combine.
- Store in a cool, dry place, out of the wat, for at least a week. You can do this first stage of fermentation for up to two weeks.
- Strain the ginger beer into a bowl and then transfer to carbonation safe bottles. Store for the second fermentation, a week minimum. This will create gas and carbonate your beer.
- After the second fermentation, your done! Store in the refrigerator.