The Bourbon Brunch is the cocktail featured in Episode 9 “Make America Waffles Again“. This recipe has been adapted from a recipe found at Classy Girls Wear Pearls. None of us were particularly fond of this drink. It’s best to stay away from this one unless you are a Bourbon lover.
4 oz. Bourbon Whiskey
1 tsp. Pure Maple Syrup
2 oz. Apple Cider
1 oz. Ginger Beer
Candied bacon* and mini-waffle for garnish.
*Recipe to follow.
Combine all ingredients except the bubbly ginger beer in a glass. Stir to combine. Add ginger beer and garnish with bacon and toasted min-waffle.
Candied Bacon Recipe
Thick Cut Bacon (I used thin since that’s what I had, but thick cut would be better)
1/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
2 tbsp. Pure Maple Syrup
1/2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Line a baking sheet with foil and insert a wire baking rack and lay out the bacon.
3. Bake in over for 10 minutes on each side.
4. Remove from oven and brush on sugar mixture to one side.
5. Cook for 10 minutes, remove from over and flip bacon, adding sugar mixture to the other side, and bake another 10 minutes or until you reach the desired color.
6. Allow to fully cool and harden before using as a garnish.